Malawi defender Malata retires from international football - WELCOME TO GEEZYWAP

Educational,sports,news,politics,bet9ja tips,advertisement,celebrity ,motivational tips.

Advertisement

advert

Monday 21 August 2017

Malawi defender Malata retires from international football


Be Forward Wanderers pillar Lucky Malata has retired from international duty saying he feels he has done his part and that youngsters should be given chance to shine as well. Malata: For me, the national team is over “For me, the national team is over,” he said in an interview in Quelimane, Mozambique where Wanderers is taking part in a friendly match against Quelimane City. “I’ve done my part to play for my nation. It hurts but l have to do it because we have young and upcoming players who can also do the same job well. I feel this is their time to shine,” he said. Malata has won eight TNM Super League titles and Cup Championships with Silver Strikers before joining Wanderers this season.But his only major international honour is the Cosafa Castle Cup plate which he won with the Flames in South Africa when he captained the team. Malata thanked the Football Association of Malawi and all the coaches for their faith in him when he was playing for the Flames, more especially when he captained the side. “I would like to thank the Flames coaches who selected me the time l played for the Flames. I’ve had great pleasure in sharing that honour with all the players I’ve played with. “I would like to thank them, the fans and my family for their support and encouragement during my international career. Representing and captaining my country is what I dreamed of as a boy and it has truly been a great honour. “I have always given my all and it breaks my heart to make this decision. I want to wish RVG and the team every success for the future,” said Malata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

advert