Why I’m Not Completely Fulfilled At 81, Says Balarabe Musa - WELCOME TO GEEZYWAP

Educational,sports,news,politics,bet9ja tips,advertisement,celebrity ,motivational tips.

Advertisement

advert

Saturday 28 October 2017

Why I’m Not Completely Fulfilled At 81, Says Balarabe Musa

An Octogenarian and former Governor
of Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa,
on Saturday said his wish and desire for
Nigeria has yet to be fulfilled, 57 years
after the nation’s independence.
Musa, who turned 81 on Oct. 21, said in
a telephone interview with newsmen,
that his birthday wish was to have
better Nigeria.
According to Wikipedia, the free
encyclopedia, Musa is a left-wing
Nigerian politician who was elected
Governor of Kaduna State during the
Second Republic.
“He held office from October 1979 until
he was impeached on June 23, 1981.
“During the fourth Republic he was the
leader of the Conference of Nigerian
Political Parties (CNPP), a coalition of
opposition parties.’’
Musa said: “Though, I felt great on the
attainment of new age and
achievements in life, I would have been
more fulfilled, if the country has
overcome most of its development
challenges.
“At 81, I will say I feel great and I thank
God for everything. But, I am not
completely fulfilled because we are yet
to have the country of our dreams.
“We are yet to have a country where
there is equity and respect for rights
and dignity of all citizens.
“We are yet to have a country where the
governed are good followers and
leaders think first think about the
people and not the other way round.
“I desire a better Nigeria where
everyone will feel the impact of
governance that is my birthday wish for
the country.’’
He decried the non-payment of
pensions and salaries by many states in
spite of the Federal Government’s
intervention with the Paris Club loan
refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment

advert